Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Spektro
on 2023-03-10
19:53:04
 Music routine and irregular rhythm

Hi,
A question to those who have made a music routine for Plus4: does your routine support tuplets (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuplet), i.e. irregular rhythm? If so, how you did you do it? Calculating durations for notes is tricky if you take into account tuplet notes.

Posted By

MIK
on 2023-03-11
04:36:51
 Re: Music routine and irregular rhythm

It's largely down to how the song is composed.

When using a sequencer, if you want to have more notes in a bar you double the position placement of each beat..., this will slow the song down so to fix this you speed the tempo of the song up.

So if you had a bass drum every 8th note but want more notes between each beat.., you would instead place the bass drum at every 16th note and then speed the tempo up, and this in turn now allows you to place notes every 16th of a bar. And to add even more note position placements between each beat - double up again and place the bass drum every 32nd note and speed the tempo up even more to suit.

Hope that helps.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-03-11
08:14:04

Yes. My player supports setting the note length to any value, so that can be as small as "quarter of a frame" (if it's a 4x player). There are many examples of this in my tunes, especially the ones that have mid-song tempo and/or time signature changes.

Posted By

Spektro
on 2023-03-11
20:31:33

Thanks guys!

Csabo, I listened to your tunes a couple of days ago and three tunes stood out: Stop the Express, Nu, Pogodi! Theme, and Defiance. I assume you are using a sample sound in the first two. The sampled sound quality is just amazing! The third one is very well made. It has a very powerful beginning and a good snare drum. I can hear a low frequency sound in the tune that shouldn't be possible. How did you do that?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-03-11
20:53:47

Thank you! I've added a description of that to the game's page: Defiance. I've also released the source code. The same routine (which is, simply put, 3 native TED voices) was used in Raid Over Moscow and Stick Man as well.

Posted By

Spektro
on 2023-03-13
00:48:42

Digi sound magic happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024