Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

siz
on 2023-03-08
10:09:15
 Re: Hey HVTC, You've Been cRTED!

Nice to see something moving forward to have metadata for our TED music.

Although I still have my doubts about being able to use this new(ish) format on a real computer with a native player for the same reasons why I started the TMF initiative long ago: without proper metadata and uncompressed music player routine we can't have a generic player.
Of course this one still can be played by browsing the disk, loading something, running it then reset and start over.
But I am a lazy bastard, I like to use my SizPlay to browse music on my SD2IEC and play them from that.
Having the metadata at the end of the file means I have to rewrite the current loader code which reads metadata first and decides about relocation of the player before loading actual music. And having compressed music player routine means its completely unusable in SizPlay because I have no way to write a generic decompressor for them.
But at least we will have metadata in the collection (which actually we already have in plus/4 world HVTC database just have to extract it and append it to the music data itself).

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024