Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-02-25
09:02:44
 Re: Sir Knight (Loves) C16

I was so flabbergasted, that I asked a couple of guys to try and see if they can make it past the first level.

The original game draw some comparisons to Punchy and Robin to the Rescue. One comment said "this is the old-school Spectrum way: make the player suffer so they play longer". KiCHY made it past, but died immediately on level 2, and when he saw that the minimum to get on the high score list is 5000 points, he gave up. Gaia made it past as well, so I asked him: "wow, you cleared it right away?" and he was like "nope, after like 10 minutes". IMHO that's way too much time to invest on a single level for a casual gamer... The first level should be easy enough to clear, and enticing enough to draw the player in. My go-to examples of "difficulty curve done right" are the official Nintendo titles (but, yeah, I mean, comparing those to C16 games isn't fair happy). This is also why I completely reprogrammed the game logic in Stop The Express: the original difficulty curve was too hard.

But what do I know, don't listen to me grin

Instead, watch me actually make it (and then give up on level 2):
https://imgur.com/a/XTLVurp Although not recorded, each time Sir Knight is killed by an arrow or a fireball, imagine a loud curse word being yelled in the background happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024