Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2023-01-14
10:06:42
 Speedlink Competition Pro Extra with retro games

Hi Folks,

I just wanted to share the info I could buy in a local T***o shop a Competition Pro Extra joystick.

It has real microswitches (so clicking as hell :-) ) and seems to be a robust construction.
It has USB connection, compatible with PC and Android.
With the purchase you can download a 700MB sized file, contains 25 retro games remade for PC and a launcher.

The games' name changed, but you can find such +4 classics as Boulder Dash or Trailblazer, or some converted games as Choplifter, Barbarian.

It has some C64 classics too, like PitStop II, International Karate, Jumpman, Bomberman, Moon Patrol, Pong, Lode runner and such.

The quality of the games is a little mixed, but not bad at all.
Sometimes the control could be a little more responsive, or in Choplifter it is a little more arkward to change the position of the heli.
Otherwise it was a nice purchase.
https://www.speedlink.com/COMPETITION-PRO-EXTRA-USB-Joystick-schwarz-rot/SL-650212-BKRD

It has a nice retro feeling ad too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLjWAx2LHfU

Two critics related to the product, that in some cases it seems to prefer left handed users, and I could not find the way to swap the side, also the games need mouse to navigate in the menu, so not able to use it JUST with the joystick.
Most of the games start in German language, but can be switched to English too.

Posted By

MIK
on 2023-01-14
13:55:15
 Re: Speedlink Competition Pro Extra with retro games

Nice post MMS!

I have an older version which is a transparent plastic one and came with a load of C64 games on CD.

Personally I don't rate my own one. wink
It's based on the Zip Stick design, (Metal shaft presses the switches) so is not as precise on directions as a real comp pro which uses a square block to move the switches. It's not always precise on diagonals and you can press the up/down switches when you press left/right...
It also works on the C64 mini/maxi but those triangle buttons get in the way of pressing fire and on the C64mini/maxi it can open the system menu if you accidentally press it. These triangle buttons should of been on the other side, (at the back) of the stick.
The micro switches are very annoyingly LOUD!! happy

The stick has it's uses of course.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024