Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SukkoPera
on 2023-01-17
16:39:22
 Re: New 8-Player Joystick Adapter

Well, the first "thing" I made when I began replicating Solder's 3-way adapter was named "+4+3J" wink.

UPDATE 09/01/2023:
Happy new year everybody! I received the PCBs for this and some other projects right before Christmas, but I decided to stay in "off" mode until yesterday, when I finally began building and testing things. I am happy to report that the 4-player adapter works perfectly and allows reading two buttons. Button 2 is expected to be wired on pin 9 and to be active-low as all the other buttons. This is the most common configuration, used by Sega stuff (you can use Master System and Mega Drive/Genesis - buttons B and C - controllers straight away as the adapter also provides power to pin 5) and by all 2-button joysticks and adapters designed for the Amiga, including my PSX adapter and the BluePad32/Unijoysticle2. The few 2-button games for the C64 typically use inverted logic for button 2 (don't ask me why but this dates back to the C64 GS, I think), even if this was handled in SW, I cannot guarantee that any joysticks made this way will work correctly with the adapter.

I will release it publicly as soon as I have time, but if anyone would like a PCB, just ask (note that the 4x0603 resistor networks are a bit finicky to solder). I have already sent boards to @siz and @TLC, hopefully they can have some fun with them :).

UPDATE 17/01:
The project is now live and the board has been released, enjoy!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024