Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-07-10
 GEOS English 3.5 Now Available!

www.cbm264.com has been granted worldwide reproduction rights for GEOS 3.5 (for Plus/4) in English. Currently available are real 1551 disk and .d64 images on PC 3.5" floppy.

Also available to order is a reproduction GEOS 3.5 German/1551 boot disk, for those whose boot disk may be damaged and unusable.

These GEOS 3.5 disks are available to anyone who has a current GEOS 2.0 license for the C64 or 128, for a small copying and postage charge (EU 10,00 including postage or US$5.00 plus postage). The copyright holder (Maurice Randall of www.cmdrkey.com) requires submission of your GEOS 2.0 boot disk as proof of ownership, however this will be returned with your GEOS 3.5 disk order.

Please note that this version of GEOS requires either a real PAL Plus/4 and 1551, or YAPE emulator 0.49 or higher (also released today).

www.cbm264.com's disks are not copy protected, so you may make backups for everyday use and put this disk away for safekeeping. However, each disk is individually serialized and are NOT allowed to be further distributed.

For more information and screen snapshots, please see www.cbm264.com.

Posted By

robert​corrow@comp...
on 2003-07-11
 Re: GEOS English 3.5 Now Available!

Could this program be used on a U.S. Plus/4 using a 1571 or 1581 drive, or would I need to aquire a European Plus/4 and a 1551 drive?

I left a message on Maurice's voice mail, but he hasn't responded yet.

Thank you,

Bob Corrow

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-07-11

Maurice won't call back because it's not his responsibility to. He's not selling it, I am.

The current version requires YAPE 0.49 emulator, or PAL Plus/4 and 1551.

This is clearly stated on www.cbm264.com, and in my original post (two messages above).

If you like, you can add yourself to the NTSC interested party list by emailing geos (at) cbm264 (dot) com and requesting notification of an NTSC release. The NTSC release will obviously support the serial drives 1541, 1571 (in 1541 mode), and 1581, since 1551s are very rare in the States.

Posted By

Bob Corrow
on 2003-07-12

James,

I actually called Maurice about an order I have with him for some 128 stuff, and indicated on his voice mail that I was interested in GEOS for a Plus/4 (having seen your announcement).

From your post, I got the impression that you and Maurice were in on this together. I didn't mean to arouse your ire.

I'll leave a post concerning a NTSC version.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-07-12

Bob, I'm sorry. Your message on this board looked like you saw my annoucement and called Maurice specifically to order GEOS for the Plus/4.

Your request makes a total of four (yee haw! wink ) people interested in an NTSC GEOS for the Plus/4, including myself, in case you were wondering.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024