Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Caos13
on 2022-10-12
08:22:01
 Joystick problem with some games like Alpharay, way of exploding fist, etcc

Hi everyone,
i've got one problem with the control of some games.
For example with Alpharay iec version when i press fire the ship beam start but immediatly the games go in pause.
If i press fire again shoot and go out of the pause and so on.
With the way of exploding fist 5D when i press right it's like to press the key 2 on keyboard.
Many other games instead works perfectly.
I have a real hardware machine with an adaptor for the mini din.
I try with some joystick(competition pro, zipstick, atari,etcc) but the problem remain.
Can you help me?

Thanks in advance

Posted By

MIK
on 2022-10-13
00:12:55
 Re: Joystick problem with some games like Alpharay, way of exploding fist, etcc

Even if a game appears to being working with your joystick try the other joyport just in case. Some games set, lets say joyport 2 but the coder later adds keyboard controls which may clash with joyport 1, and that's how you can get in to a position where a joystick in one port partly works or does something odd...

But if you have already done that!

The joystick adapter might be faulty or the TED chip might be damaged.

One of the joyports prints the letter T when you press Fire on the Basic screen, hold Fire down and if you see random characters printing on the screen it maybe a faulty TED chip or a faulty joystick adapter. Be it Fire or Direction it should always print the same character on repeat, anything else being printed along side then something is up.

Do not use Atari Joysticks or Sega pads on C16/Plus4 as they are wired differently and may send power down the wrong wire and damage the TED chip. Competition Pro and Zipsticks for C64 are fine.

If you know your joystick adapter dates back to the 1980's, chances are it's fine. Faulty ones were being sold on eBay in the early 2000's so some do exist I believe...

Posted By

caos13
on 2022-10-13
04:46:01

thanks a lot!
i'll make some try hoping the TED working proprely :/

Posted By

Caos13
on 2022-10-21
14:33:49

Thanks to god it was only the faulty adapter

Posted By

MIK
on 2022-10-21
23:32:51

Great to hear no damage was caused and you have a happy ending! happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024