Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

javierglez
on 2022-10-11
20:19:55
 Amstrad eterno

I took three computers from my collection, I don't have any setup at home, so I enjoy doing that.
The point is, I took Pet's Rescue and Alpharay SD2IEC versions and both crashed. Pet's Rescue crashed after a player completed the 3rd level, I think. As for Alpharay, I wasn't paying attention, but the player had reached far into the game too. There weren't any other crashes, I doubt it's hardware related.
I'm quite happy with the image quality of the TV I paired with the C16. The other TV was crappier but the VIC isn't that demanding.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2022-10-11
20:23:01
 Re: Amstrad eterno

Hey, that looks like a lot of fun, thanks for posting this! Lovely to see some old-school gaming and our beloved hardware in action.

To me it's also hilarious how you spelled Bruce Lee as "brusli" in the image name - I guess it's the Spanish phonetic pronunciation grin

Posted By

marcos64
on 2022-10-12
04:09:03

"The point is, I took Pet's Rescue and Alpharay SD2IEC versions and both crashed. Pet's Rescue crashed after a player completed the 3rd level, I think. As for Alpharay, I wasn't paying attention, but the player had reached far into the game too. There weren't any other crashes, I doubt it's hardware related."

With a standart C16+64KB (no JiffyDos or anything else) ?

Posted By

MIK
on 2022-10-12
06:32:42

Nice computer/console gathering! happy

With a C16 the power supply is always 1st to point the finger at.

I would also check the memory via machine code monitor, (M1000 Return) and if you see a character that should not be there from a very cold start then something is up. Check Yape to see what it should display.

Also check the joystick ports and make sure when you press a direction/fire on the Basic screen they print the same characters for each port as you would see with Yape, anything strange being displayed it's a glitchy TED.

Posted By

javierglez
on 2022-10-12
09:00:38

@Csabo I feel the same when I see reports from events all around.
@marcos64 No this C16 didn't have Jiffydos installed.
@MIK It ran smoothly for 10 hours. I usually default to Tetris, but this time there was someone interested in going through the catalog, the kind of guy who seems to dissect a game while playing it. BTW I'm sure I had put Likia in the SD, but it wasn't there.
I don't want you to think I'm providing actual info regarding any glitches, I just wanted to share an anecdote.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024