Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Litwr
on 2022-10-02
16:05:08
 Re: Treasure Island

There are a lot of software which were ported from other platforms to the C264 series. However, some piece of C16/+4 software were ported to other platforms. One interesting example is this game. It was ported to the Corvette computer in 1989. I tested this port and I was surprised that it was made very good. Graphics and sound are the same as on the +4. I can only wonder how a man could make such a port in 1989! This man had to know the +4 hardware very well. The Corvette graphics is completely other than on the +4. The Corvette (like the Amstrad CPC) uses only pixel based graphics, while the C+4 usually uses character based graphic modes for games. The sound of the Corvette uses the same beeper as the IBM PC, so it was also not an easy task to convert C+4 music and sound effects. The Corvette uses the Intel 8080 @2.5 Mhz and this makes it generally slower than the +4 but Treasure Island doesn't use all CPU power of the +4 and this helped to do the port. I can also notice that IMHO to convert the 6502 assembly to the 8080 is not easy. It seems that Treasure Island was the only piece of software converted from the C+4 to the Corvette.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024