Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

gmontag451
on 2022-08-23
05:43:08
 Re: Joystick Adapter component advice

A few days ago I received my PCBWay order of SukkoPera's board, which is based on Levente Hársfalvi's work. I finished building the adapter tonight. It works beautifully, and was easy to sort out and assemble! Thanks to everyone for the help and advice!

I've now built both the advanced adapter and the simple adapter (with five 100 ohm resistors added, one between each directional and fire button line) and while I like both, if I ever need another one I think the simple adapter is sufficient for the Atari-style joysticks I prefer.

Side Note: Out of curiosity I also purchased a real Plus/4 T-1341 joystick and a Commodore 1311 joystick for comparison. For anyone who is curious the T-1341 uses rubber contacts with varying resistance of 40-60 ohms, which decreases somewhat the longer they are pressed. So 100 ohm resisters are a very good method of emulating the T-1341 when using Atari-style sticks with an adapter. Conversely the 1311 has the same dome-type contacts as an Atari 2600 joystick, which offer zero resistance when pushed. So it may be wise to use these with an adapter which contains resistors just to be safe—although their seems to be a lot of uncertainty if resistors are necessary. The best answer for me is that it doesn't hurt to include them, and I feel safer.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024