Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

gmontag451
on 2022-07-28
02:55:43
 Re: Joystick Adapter component advice

The official support link on the github page directs me to install an app called Telegram, whereas I'm familiar with this forum, it requires no installation and it already has several threads where help was requested and informative answers were readily given. It doesn't seem circuitous at all to ask in a forum where participants are well-versed in the workings of these computers and several have built these devices in the past.

I truly don't mean to sound confrontational, but it seems odd that *any* request for help should be met with incredulity; if not to seek and provide help, as well as the general discussion of the 264 line, what is the purpose of this forum? If there is a better forum to request help relating to these specific computers, I'd like to know about it. Although Lemon64 has an "other" board, engagement seems perhaps less passionate than here.

With regards to the requirements of the components; the specifics provided on the github page are sparse and scattered, likely because hobbyist developers often expect that their readers have a certain level of familiarity and already understand the interaction of components needed for the project. It's very common for a part to be available in many different values of amperage or voltage which are not compatible even if they fit. Unfortunately the information I could find on the github page is not detailed enough *for me* to feel confident in choosing a component and connecting it to a relatively rare computer, hence my question.

Again my intent is not to be confrontational, but simply to address your objections in a thorough manner.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024