Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Frenetic
on 2022-02-25
16:36:56
 Re: Sidekick264 - software defined cartridge

ok, I can hear the glitches in the first 2 videos (*), but let me first talk about the third happy

I found this particular SID-tune (crosswords) and tried playing it with Sizplay and various emulators, and now I'm puzzled. Firstly, my observation is that crosswords only plays correctly when pitch and speed are correct (or in correct relation), probably because of some note restarts or so.

I tested:
Vice-Plus4-Emulator with TED-clock for SID: it plays without glitches and at the same pitch as on Sidekick, but a bit slower (*)
Vice-Plus4-Emulator with C64-clock for SID: lower pitch, horrible artifacts (yet somewhat similar to what you had), but I think same speed as original HW with SK264
Yape: lower pitch (for both TED and C64 clock), again same horrible artifacts, again same speed as original HW
Vice-C64-Emulator: different speed, different pitch, of course no artifacts

So which one is correct? How does it sound with a real SID-card? (can someone provide a direct/good quality audio recording for comparison?)

btw. is there a _working_ tool which converts a .sid to .prg for C16? I tried PSID16 and PSID2BIN and both failed on crosswords

(*) this is a different issue that I'll have a look at, meanwhile you could try to disable FM emulation and use higher overclocking settings (sidekick264_rpi3.txt)

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024