Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

GeTE
on 2022-02-24
16:03:31
 When dreams become real: Black wireless Tank Mouse (for the SID-Card and our plus/4)

This is one of the projects, I ever thought "why isn't somebody doing it already?" and now, when the wired "TheMouse" is only few month away (but only in beige) the black Tank Mouse starts on Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lukas-remis/tank-mouse-your-new-amiga-mouse?ref=thanks-share

Hoping for the goal to ber exceeded: "If the project exceeds the funding goal over 150%, a native DB9 wireless receiver will be developed, manufactured and added to each Tank Mouse."

Posted By

MIK
on 2022-02-24
18:35:55
 Re: When dreams become real: Black wireless Tank Mouse (for the SID-Card and our plus/4)

I've had this one for over 24 years lol.

http://www.bambi-amiga.co.uk/amigahistory/blackmouse2.jpg

To be honest the tank mouse was crap in my opinion, not nice to hold and back then they never lasted long. A shame the A500 mini will come with a modern day one ha! The A600/A1200 mouse was much nicer to hold but 3rd party mice normally lasted longer than the official ones. wink

Posted By

GeTE
on 2022-02-25
03:15:11
 Re: When dreams become real: Black wireless Tank Mouse (for the SID-Card and our plus/4)

What have you done to your mice? surprised

I had my Amiga 500 from 1988 until selling it 1992 and the mouse worked well during this hole period. A friend of mine from those days gave me his C64 as a gift two years ago, because he had transfered all his programs to the PC long time ago and isn't using it any more. I now refurbish it to make it like new and perhaps inspire him for wanting it back to restart programming. There is a 1351 in this setup, he used with a Magic-Formel-Cartridge, that still works too.

Well, I remember the Tank Mouse with my first impression on a system having a graphic environment when starting to lern how that works with the "Erste Schritte"-disk that came with my Amiga 500. Haptic feelings are so importand and even if I like the 264-systems most, I will buy a full size "TheA600" if that should follow up the upcoming TheA500 Mini, surely with a Tank Mouse. But I didn't want to restart on real Amigas. They are too fragile according capacitors. Better stay on our rock solid plus/4 instead if it comes to the real iron. happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2022-02-25
07:02:12

Used and lovingly abused but never did I mouse Rage them across the room lol. Top of the list as a game to blame would be Dungeon Master, it was heavy on the old mice with 4 characters to fully manage for hours at a time. wink

If the microswitches lasted then the rollers would start to breakdown so it would stop being smooth and I hated that. Or the slide pads would wear down on one side and I had to take ones off another mice to keep my current fav one going. grin

I think by the late 90's mice were better and lasted longer. Other than cleaning the rollers that black mouse has out lived every other mouse I used to have on Amga. Better microswitches and like cars of the day the rollers didn't rust any more.

The only thing that might be an issue with a modern optic mouse... Amiga's like 400dpi mice. PC mice tend to be 800dpi or above.

Posted By

MMS
on 2022-03-04
14:50:21

almost there... happy

LOL
https://www.ebay.com/itm/304273369013?hash=item46d81b27b5:g:D6YAAOSwuIxhvQVLM

Posted By

MIK
on 2022-03-04
16:06:42

Make an offer of 10 euros. grin

Posted By

Patrick
on 2022-03-06
03:54:10

still $55 on shipping to europe! lol..

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024