Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mad
on 2022-02-24
15:18:09
 Re: Is there such a thing as an interlaced picture for the +4?

Yes Mr.Pet did the "Playstation emulation" for the PC, he did the ultra fast polygonroutines there.. If I remember right these where his first works on PC, even heavily Pentium optimized stuff. I worked in several companies with him. Basically I had to improve the visuality of his routines back then, he did just some realtime floyd steinberg 320x200 256 color dithering, which looked not presentable, albeit beeing a cool idea at that time point. If I remember right he had 3 or 4 versions to get from HiColor to 320x200 256, which all looked not so well for the normal viewer. The screenmode in Alto Knallo is actually "my invention". The guy who caged me for two weeks later claimed that the screenmode was his idea, what was very embarassing to me (It wasn't Mr.Pet). But now there is a lot of grass grown over that part.. There was a demo which I found out later, I think it was from Orange which used almost the same trick using 3 lines for RGB. However I think the 2 lines where bit better optically.

If you got results with the PAL signal I am really interessted, it's somehow a possibility no one whould have thought of back then.. happy That all sounds a bit like that there is actually not a real boundary when it comes to PAL signal manipulations.. You guys rule!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024