Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2022-01-25
16:15:00
 Re: Who here uses AdvSkelVic65?

The sad answer is probably no-one. I'd love to be proven wrong (if you do use it please speak up), anyway; below is why I think that.

Your question made me think about... how many people are even still developing for the Plus/4? After spending some time pondering this, I made an unofficial list, and came up with the (surprisingly high) number of 20. That was... absolutely scraping the bottom of the barrel, it includes folks who have some half-made code and may at some point release something. As far as "people that I know of who are actively developing something right now" - 3.

As far as I know, no-one is actually developing adventure games. There are two reasons: 1) we already have way too many happy If someone wants to play on the Plus/4, the "adventures" genre is probably the most plentiful. 2) there are now lots of cross-platform tools that compile to a multitude of platforms; that's how we end up with games like Tristam Island.

To sum it up: the Plus/4 scene is very, very small and adventure games aren't in high demand.

In addition... From my own experience, developing tools that others might use is especially hard. Unless someone is specifically asking you for a specific tool... it's hard to find an audience.

Don't get discouraged though - you should take this opportunity to think about what makes you happy. Forget external validation and feedback, those are hard to come by. Focus on your own goals and just keep at it happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024