Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

siz
on 2022-01-15
05:40:32
 Re: Is there such a thing as an interlaced picture for the +4?

I've tested your pictures on a real plus/4 with a RetroTink2X which is connected to a cheap Samsung monitor.
For the hi-res numbered images only black display with either S-Video or Composite. I'm not sure if the RetroTink loses sync or my monitor is not able to display it.
All the others are displayed correctly (but flickering as hell - as expected). My experience is that you need a 100Hz display (of course in PAL territory) to remove flickering of interlaced images (or some deinterlace electronics - called FlickerFixer in Amiga terminology).

For you have "good" picture via RF is probably because your TV does some deinterlacing or other image "enhancement" trick that you perceive as "good" picture output.

edit: I'm between moves so I don't have all my equipment with me. Normally I use a BenQ 15kHz capable monitor as the display for RetroTink which allows pass-through mode. This monitor requires the RetroTink to do a frame doubling to convert 576i signal to 576p. This can be a reason why there is no display for those images.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024