Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Dan7
on 2021-12-20
10:57:53
 Re: CPU replacement vs Bauknecht games

Thank you all for the quick answers, very supportive community indeed happy

@Doug: The SD2IEC was also my first suspect, but to my greatest disappointment the Pi1541 produced exactly the same issue. Luckily my all-time favorite "The Pit" runs well on both devices so I was not left without entertainment wink (Not too relevant here but the music of Icicle Works got me really hooked on the +4 as a child, what a masterpiece!)

@Mik: Tried Pets Rescue's both versions on both devices, none of them worked sad

@MCes: Yes, I assume that the problem comes from the issue you mentioned, I'm just not sure what is the most practical way ahead to solve it. Picture of the replacement will follow soon.

@siz: Indeed, the major suspect now is the 6510 based CPU replacement with patched KERNAL. I'm just wondering if there's any other solution than replacing both the CPU and the KERNAL.

@Mad: Some surprises here: CarTed is running well, MOS and Zador starts up with the Fastloader=no option but then crashes during the game, with Slipstream I can get through to the intro, but it crashes as soon as I'm starting the game. Alpharay and Pets Rescue would not even boot up. Currently I'm testing all these with Pi1541, the SD2IEC is disconnected.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024