Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mad
on 2021-12-20
11:11:03
 Re: CPU replacement vs Bauknecht games

Hi Dan7.. Our games use two different loaders..

Alpharay, Pets Rescue are using Bitfire (1551 + 1541)
Slipstream, Mos, Lands of Zador are using Krills Loader (1541 only)
CarTed is a single file game

There are some demos done by us which are using Krills loader too.

For the game Mos and Lands of Zador you also can select Kernal Loading (Fastloader=no) at start which should run with any connected drive type.

The games Pets Rescue and Alpharay do also have some SD2IEC versions here in the database which where reported to run well on several SD2IECs already.

If none of these games work (even MoS with Fastloader=OFF) then I would strongly suspect that it has nothing to do with the loaders at all.

I remember some threads about CPU replacements here which don't support illegal opcodes. We ( I happy ) heavyly rely on illegal opcodes. Actually it's mostly the opcode "LAX" which is not a standard 6502/6510 opcode.

An easy try would be CarTed if it runs then it's not the illegal opcodes but if it fails then it almost clearly is the usage of the illegal opcodes which aren't supported by the CPU replacement.

But anyhow I think other people would use these opcodes too (it's pretty common to use them in demos for instance), so maybe that is not the explanation for the problem, but at least worth a try. It's strange that all the game fail even with 3 different loading systems so it seems it's not the loader at all.

And I remember Krill saying that just one drive may be connected at once for his loader to load.. Maybe it's the same for all loader types.. Maybe you got several drives connected at once? But I think then at least sizs ioLib for the SD2IEC versions of Alpharay and Pets Rescue should not fail.. And Kernal Loading of Mos and Lands of Zador should also do it's work..

Hope we get that fixed.. happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024