Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Charles
on 2021-12-12
08:52:42
 Re: Weird screen artefacts

Thank you both for your help.

@Luca,
I might have been lame 30 years ago, but definitively did not count with metamerism in my proggys happy Though I think this might be something different or not the full story. Colmix3 shows diff color lines to generate diff (fake) perception of colors (from a distance?), but in my case the actual individual pixels interfere with each other seemingly, making valid different coloured pixels on the screen. Or this might be the metamerism how it's perceived and how it's also emulated by Yape? Metamerism demo is awesome, not sure where to look for actual metamerism in it but purely awesome.

In the end the real problem is what I showed how it looks like on the TV, vastly different salient blue/purple colors, and they are changing / flashing as you do fine scroll in either X or Y direction. The result is horrendous. This might be due to what MIK is suggesting - or combined with metamerism? - , but they indeed occur around character edges. I will need to get an RF cable and play with diff colors to see if I can reduce the artefacts. Ideally a proggy should look nice on both emulators and a real +4 machine - using modern TV sets happy I've just not seen this before and was stunned by the extent of it - so initilally I was suspecting my HW setup.

@MIK, what do you mean by my first pic with the blue is different? It's taken of the same pattern, maybe slightly different screen area, but definitely the same pattern.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024