Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-06-18
 Charts

Calm down Luca, I didn't say we're going to do it... In fact, at this point I feel like this is something that we shouldn't do. Here's why.

I want this database to be an objective representation of all software and people. Voting would bring up several problems, but that's not even the point: it would add competitiveness to the site, which we can do without.

Think about it: do you want to see something like "Murphy" is a better coder than "Udo Gertz"? Or how do you compare Mucsi to SJP? Is Luca a better gfx-man than Unreal? Don't you think the people that will be lower on the list would be disappointed? Why, don't you think everyone who will disagree with whatever list comes out would be kind of disappointed (or upset)? And believe me, there is no universal top list, everyone has their own preference.

It's okay and good to talk about what YOU like. That's why we have these threads. It's also okay to talk about and write about who are the good coders, but again: I think people should decide this for themselves based on what's out there, and don't forget that not everyone will like or will be impressed about the same thing. (Just think of St. GLS's comments on Heartfixer.)

My point: Voting is good, but voting is for mags happy Like LoneNews happy

The only thing that I could be persuaded to do would be a "star-system" for games. Even very respectable movie lists would have 4, 3, 2 or 1 star associated with a certain movie. But those are - again - subjective, and have to be decided by a consensus. Yes, we will do this eventually. But until then, if you like a game, why not submit a review, or a description, or a solution for it? I'll put it up.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024