Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

BSZ
on 2022-10-05
01:11:09
 Re: SD2IEC drives + VCPU extension

@marcos64: That's just right! grin At least it is comparable. There should be no speed difference between the previous and the last firmware version, it is likely that the location of the file on the partition has something to do with this.

@All: Ha a firmware-rel kapcsolatban nem derül ki hiba, lassan "kész"-nek lehet majd nyilvánítani, viszont itt van egy "gond": a kiindulási alapnak használt sd2iec firmware-ből évek óta nem készült "kész" kiadás, csak ilyen "aktuális napi fordítás". Így meg nehezen tudom ráfogni, hogy "kész". grin Ezen még gondolkozok. Apropó: a "név"-pályázat továbbra is nyitva van ám! wink

Állapotfrissítés: 2022.08.14.

A téma nincs elfelejtve, már csak azért sem, mert az Árok 2022-n nevezett WavePlay-SD is ezt használja. Mivel az elmúlt időben nem érkezett hibáról információ, így a Beta6-ból csináltam egy RC1 változatot. Ez amúgy elvileg megegyezik a Beta6-tal, a terveim szerint ez lesz a "végleges" 1.1.0 verzió. (Akinél a Beta6 fw van felrakva a meghajtóra, az azért jó lenne ha frissítené az RC1-re, de a teszteket nem szükséges újra futtatni, csak használni kellene "normális" módon.) A valódi "végleges" verzión még gondolkozok. grin A dilemma tárgya:

Az SD2IEC meghajtóban levő firmware-cserélő program két fajta "működtető" firmware-t ismer, az egyik a fejlesztői (development), a másik a "végleges", kiadási (release) verzió. Ha a FLASH-ben fejlesztői verzió van, azt bármilyen fejlesztői vagy kiadási verzióra szó nélkül lecseréli. Viszont kiadási verziót kizárólag magasabb verziószámú kiadási verzióra (vagy bármilyen fejlesztői verzióra) hajlandó csak cserélni. Emiatt egy minimális kavarást tud az okozni, ha kiadási verzió kerül telepítésre.

Tehát egyelőre marad a "Release Candidate 1" mint "végleges", a valódi végleges verziót meg még megálmodom. grin És lassan nyitok egy 1.2.0-s fejlesztői ágat, vannak ötletek, hogy mit lehet belefejleszteni.

Az oldalon frissültek a fájlok, de ide is linkelem őket:
Lefordított V1.1.0rc1 binárisok alap felhasználásra
V1.1.0rc1 forráskód azok számára, akik maguk fordítanák

A tesztek nem változtak, azokból emiatt nem csináltam frissebb csomagot.

Frissítés: 2022.10.03.

Az oldalon frissítettem a doksit, illetve a legfontosabb: siz fordításának köszönhetően felkerült a dokumentáció angol verziója! Ezúton is köszönet érte! A "biztonság kedvéért" ide is linkelem őket:

Angol nyelvű dokumentáció V0.999
Magyar nyelvű dokumentáció V0.999

Ha valaki hibát vél bármelyikben felfedezni, kérem jelezze! Aztán lassan ebből is lehet egy V1.0... grin

Re: SD2IEC drives + VCPU extension

@marcos64: That's just right! grin At least it is comparable. There should be no speed difference between the previous and the last firmware version, it is likely that the location of the file on the partition has something to do with this.

@All: If no errors emerge regarding the firmware slowly it might be pronounced "ready". However there is a "problem" here: the SD2IEC firmware it is based on has no "releases" only "nightly builds" since years. That way it is hard to claim it being "ready." grin I am still deliberating that. By the way, the "naming competition" is still running. wink

Status update on 14. 08. 2022

It is not forgotten, especially so since WavePlay-SD competing in Árok 2022 is built on it too. As there were no error reports recently, I developed RC1 from Beta6. This latter theoretically is completely the same as Beta6 and I plan it to be the "final" version 1.1.0. Those of you who have Beta6 firmware installed on their drives are encouraged to refresh them to RC1. The tests don't have to be rerun, you should use the drives in normal day to day operation. I'm still thinking about the "real final" version. grin

My dilemma is: the firmware swapping programme of the SD2IEC knows two types of operating firmware; one is the development version, the other is the release. If the FLASH is programmed with a development version then the programme replaces that with any development or release version without any obstruction. Release versions, however, can only be replaced with ones having higher version number or any development version. Therefore, installing release versions may cause some mild turmoil.

That's why the "final release" will stay "Release Candidate 1" for now, until I come up with a solution. grin And I'll open a development branch sooner or later with version number 1.2.0; I still have ideas what else to implement into it.

The files have been updated on my page so I put the links below:
Compiled V1.1.0rc1 binaries for common usage
V1.1.0rc1 sources for those who'd like to compile it themselves

Tests haven't changed so I didn't create a newer package out of them.

Update on 03. 10. 2022.

I updated the documentation on my page and more importantly, thanks to siz' work there is an English version of it there. Again, thank you very much. I put their links here, just to be sure:

English Manual V0.999
Hungarian Manual V0.999

Whoever thinks he/she found error(s) in any of them, please notify me. Then, after much deliberation, this may turn into V1.0. grin

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024