Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SVS
on 2003-06-17
 I'm looking for a list of tricks for BASIC programming,

on Plus4 (v. 3.5), and other versions too (2.0).
Who does know info/links/docs/etc.?
Thanks pals.

Posted By

Lavina
on 2003-06-20
 Re: I'm looking for a list of tricks for BASIC programming,

well, you can ask me, I am a basic guru! happy))

Unfortunately I only have Hungarian books.... I would scan it, but you should learn Hungarian! happy Better if we make it Q&A way...

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-06-20

My best trick is SYS62116 wink

Any thing of use to you in the HTML Commodore Basic 3.5 Manual by Janne Peräaho?
Plus4 User Manual: http://plus4world.com/pcemu.htm

Posted By

SVS
on 2003-06-22

Thank you Lando, but sorry the link results broken
Anyway is it the original manual or a "personalized" one?
I ask for this, because in the official manual usually there is no trick.
Bye

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-06-22

Sorry. When we were changing the site because of copyright issues folder names were changed.

They are based around the normal Plus4 manual and should cover most of the commands. Most tricks are created around POKE, PEEK and SYS as you know, but no list of what des what

Basic35_Manual.zip

Basic35_Doc_r2.zip

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-06-24

Here's an interesting thing to try on your Plus/4: SYS32800,123,45,6 and press Return.

I know.... everyone says this is for the 128. But on the Plus/4 (and I would presume the C16 too) this outputs a list of all cartirdges attached to the system and their F-key assignments, just as if you had turned the machine on. One problem though, it returns the system back to the READY prompt.

It could be used in a program to 'sense' what cartridges are attached.... clear the screen, SYS, then PEEK the first two rows of memory and build your own menu. This could be handy, as I have one system with SpeedScript instead of 3+1.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-06-24
 Re: 32800

That's a cool one James... Haven't seen it before. This one is not really a basic trick, but it's cool: SYS 52651! It's the old OS easter egg with the progammers' names.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024