Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

BSZ
on 2021-11-20
17:40:43
 Re: SD2IEC drives + VCPU extension

@marcos64: Your measurements have been added to the table! happy I don't think the strange error is caused by PLA. If the PLA is not good, it wouldn't just be a problem with drive communication. But it could also be a simple soldering or contact error. To test this, the "j-sr2b-usr" program may be appropriate. happy This test sends 256 BYTE to the drive, then receive back this data. This is repeated until there is no error. If this test run, meanwhile, you move the machine / cables, gently press the CPU with your finger, etc... If it is running at idle, but stops with a fault when moved, this may be the nature of the fault. If there is no correlation, it would be good to try it with an original CPU.

@All: A felmerült sebességtesztes blokkszámolási hiba nekem nem jött eddig elő, de amit sejtek, azon a részen módosítottam a tesztprogramon. A végeredményeket majd jól figyeljük a jövőben is! grin Ezen felül készítettem egy új csomagot, ez lett a vcpubeta6. Viszont elkövettem egy olyan "disznóságot", amit béta verzióval már nem illik: bekerült a kódba plusz egy utasítás, aminek a funkciója annyira hiányzott, hogy eddig fel se merült, hogy kéne. happy (De fogjuk úgy fel, hogy az eddigi verziókban nem működött. wink ) Az oldalon lecseréltem a letölthető fájlokat: SD2IEC lefordított firmware-ek, forráskód, tesztprogramok, dokumentáció. (Lehet, hogy a böngészőben kell egy "Reload Page", valahogy ezek a cache-ek mindig bekevernek.)

Szerk: Közben "megálmodtam" egy másik lehetséges hibát a sebességtesztben, a javítás egy kicsit bonyolultabb lett, mint korábban, de kész. Kicseréltem a két tesztprogram-archívumot az oldalon. (1.0.1 -> 1.0.2)

Re: SD2IEC drives + VCPU extension

@marcos64: Your measurements have been added to the table! happy I don't think the strange error is caused by PLA. If the PLA is not good, it wouldn't just be a problem with drive communication. But it could also be a simple soldering or contact error. To test this, the "j-sr2b-usr" program may be appropriate. happy This test sends 256 BYTE to the drive, then receive back this data. This is repeated until there is no error. If this test run, meanwhile, you move the machine / cables, gently press the CPU with your finger, etc... If it is running at idle, but stops with a fault when moved, this may be the nature of the fault. If there is no correlation, it would be good to try it with an original CPU.

@All: I have not yet encountered this speed-test block-counting error, but I modified the part of the test program that I suspect is the culprit. We will keep a close eye on the results in the future! grin In addition, I created a new package, which became vcpubeta6. However, I made a "mistake" which is not appropriate with a beta version: I added an extra statement to the code, the function of which was missing so much that I didn't even think it was needed until now. happy (But let's assume it didn't work in the previous versions. wink ) On the page I've replaced the downloadable files: SD2IEC compiled firmware, source code, test programs, documentation. (Your browser might need a "Reload Page", somehow cache always messes things up.)

Edit: In the meantime I "dreamed up" another possible bug in the speed test, and the fix became a bit more complicated than before, but it's done. I have replaced the two test program archives on the site. (1.0.1 -> 1.0.2)

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024