Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

retroscener
on 2021-10-09
17:40:57
 Re: Help troubleshooting

Well somehow I've now managed to break both my C16's. Neither now powers on. No power at all. No red light, totally dead. All I did was swap one red power led light over with another to one system as had to fix another problem which I did. Y'know, sacrifice one C16 to repair another, but it was really just broken screwholes in the keyboard casing as well as a dodgy joystick port (neither which has been the cause of the issue
), but it meant having to swap around a couple of chips too which also should still be working fine. Now this.

Problem is both the red power lights although same pins have slightly different plastic casings. It did cause an issue of temporarily not powering on unless I jiggle with it a bit on one of them. But pretty sure I never had that problem with the other, yet suddenly that is failing to power on too.

Well either both the PSU's have blown or something inside the C16's have. I am really unsure. I am quite certain that it's not the two chips as they were still working when one C16 died, just before my other one did. Confused? So am I.

I never have problems with my C64, just my C16's. I may just give up on the real thing altogether now and get my Turbo Chameleon C16/Plus4 core up and running with a C16 keyboard.

Or I could send one C16 off for repair, but I don't want to risk damaging it again with a faulty PSU if that's the issue.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024