Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2021-09-17
05:16:10
 Re: Sir Clive Sinclair has died, father of the ZX Spectrum!

Who would of thought a machine with no on/off switch, no joyports, a 1 channel beeper for sound and an operating system that required keyboard shorthand to use would do so well. wink
Not only helped by it's low price point but released at a perfect time when no body cared how it worked, just as long as it did and more importantly they had a computer!

A class mate had one and I recall playing War of the World's with him listening to the Album of the same name! Try we did but could never get far in the game.
Once my Amiga 1200 had some proper speed I enjoyed emulating the Spectrum. Around 1998 HMV released a CD with over 3000 games on it with hundreds of commercial titles, amazing how they got away with it but it saved me hunting and downloading them during the early days of the web.
I didn't get a real ZX Spectrum until the early 2000's, I could never get a stable picture trying to tune it in so had to do the composite video hack on the RF unit. I have a couple of tapes for it such as Rick Dangerous, Ikari Warriors, Ghost 'n Goblins, WEC Le Man's and one I've always been fond of called Switchblade.

A few year back I bought a ZX Spectrum Vega, might not be the best way to play the odd game but does me and has an SDcard slot for messing about with.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024