Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

retroscener
on 2021-09-11
06:44:48
 Re: Let's Play (2021 #3)

I know what I'm playing raspberry

It worked on my C16. I just realised that I was playing a slightly early version of YAPE. So just installed the latest version of YAPE and didn't touch any settings.

So this time around, I began in joystick mode. I just went left, but it goes up and left now. Go up, and it also goes left. Moving right is totally fine. Not quite as bad this time but it's seriously annoying. I'll keep trying. I just know I nailed the controls, but this was in Custom mode. I was becoming more familiar with the game again. Drat!

Cursor Keys mode
Left: up, left
Right: OK
Up: left
Fire: OK

Custom mode
Left: up, left, fire
Up: left

NumPad mode
Left: OK
Up: OK

Phew! It's definitely my least preferred option particularly on this game, but at least I can play it now. It may have been what I'm sure I found before (I forget). Fairly sure it was something else. Maybe there's a small bug fix, or perhaps someone could provide a small fix for this game (and possibly others) just for YAPE? But as I said, it's all a little screwy ^:-/

P.S. How come those last two emojis fail to appear after I refresh the page after an edit? Sorry guys, i'm doing it again. At least I know I'm not some total noob now, lol (b)

Anyway. Finally had a proper play using the NumPad. Was never great at this game. It gets really tough with the flying bricks from level 5 onwards. Can't remember it ever getting that difficult so quickly, but checking out the Hall of Fame, it appears it does. I thought I was just playing very badly.

Score: 20,480

Reevaluating the game, it's clearly a colour clash issue with the flying bricks which cannot be helped. It would have been nice if they were a more visible colour. Added idea is fly a little less frequent and slower from the start then gradually speed things up a little in later levels. It would surely get a 9 or 10 from me then.

Now I've forgotten how to add images here, I did before. I did upload it. This is being stuck in hospital. Perhaps some added instructions with some of these trickier features are needed.

I remember a link being given, but seemed to have vanished. Tried it twice. I'm going potty.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024