Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2021-09-06
14:24:05
 Re: Sidekick264 - software defined cartridge

I also plan to order my Sidekick, certainly with the Plus/4 adapter. I find this upgrade for our computer quite fascinating, especially the Sound Expander possiblitiy (when realized on this platform too)
(BTW it could emulate a 64K expansion for the C16 too? would be nice happy but maybe it is impossible in this way)

Actually I write a little about C16 PSU (I think because of the easy exchange of the PSU and more space in the housing the C16 better fits for modding)
ZX Spectrums had several PSUs, and some of them are little misleading.

I found a great video on YT from JoulesperCoulomb, he explained the differences (it is important to mention, that some of the ZX Spectrum PSUs rated as 1.0A, are only 0,7 Amps in reality).
As a conclusion the brownish grey 2.1A PSU with red text would be the best (certianly it has the same jack with the polarity as the C16), ut the bigger grey block is OK too with the 1.4A or 1.85A.
It worth to mention, that due to the work of these PSUs the bigger ones generate a little more heat within the C16 housing.
MceS' new ROM modules could definitely decrease the general wattage of the C16, and a weaker external PSU could do the job quite well.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024