Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

orion70
on 2021-08-26
09:48:05
 Re: Apart of new clean and bigger scans...

Hi all, and thanks (as usual) for bringing forward the great Plus/4 machine.

Upping this old thread, because I recently stumbled upon the GEOS for P/4 in your website. I don't fiddle much with this computer, being mostly a VIC enthusiast.

I really can't get the whole picture. Many questions rise:

1) The GEOS M&T English version (3.5) is downloadable from plus4world, but I can't get it to work, neither on the VICE emu, nor on a real machine with SD2IEC. Do I understand right that it may be due to P/4 GEOS working only with a real 1551 drive?

2) How the freely available download connects with the SVS/JamesC agreement that one has to provide a picture of his C64 GEOS diskette before have his (electronically marked?) copy of P/4 GEOS? Maybe this is an "authorized" copy which possibly runs flawlessly even on a SD2IEC or an emulated Plus/4?

3) [In case the answers to previous points are affirmative] - How could it be that no one was able to convert GEOS to a fully usable, SD2IEC compatible version for the Commodore Plus/4, much in the fashion of the ones available for the 64 (e.g. https://www.lyonlabs.org/commodore/onrequest/geos/index.html - even in a great D81 including all main apps)? Do the M&T disk(s) present with particular technical issues preventing a full conversion?

Sorry for being a complete noob in this, but I dusted off my old Plus/4 recently, and would really LOVE to see the GEOS on the screen happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024