Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2021-08-15
06:53:01
 Re: Best looking plus/4/c16 games?

Actually Pet's rescue is really thew closest thing to be arcade quality on this machine.
I really suggest to check Csabo's Quadrillion, very colorful game with great gameplay and a very special music.

Certainly there are several BIG C64 conversions, they are very similar to the original C64 version, the original art made by well paid experts, not hobby programmers. One of the most colorful and well playable it the Spy VS Spy III (or II?)

One of my all time favourite is the Magicians's Curse (first,original), despite it's few screens and simple gameplay the graphics is cute, and the software sprite is just perfect, the screen is fast, no sturreting. Too bad, that very few programmers used this level "magic" to show the potentials of the machine.

BTW There is a demo called 8 Shades Of Black, while all part is nice and the programmers made a lot of magic there (worth to check ALL parts!), I think the part from Mermaid called "Lone fly" is a technical marvel. With nice colors, parallax scroling and fluid fast animation, music and double scroll, all within 16K. It could have been developed into a nice shooter have, like Apydia, certainly the color clash is not possible to be 100% prevented. I think next to Pet's rescue this is the level the machine could do when it is top programmed.
Now it is 15 years old (!!!) demo, so definitely it will not happen by Creators. (look at 3:00)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuaiQFRTvko

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024