Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mad
on 2021-07-16
14:15:08
 Re: New user and what to do next

@starfrog: There is an sdcard solution (as far as I know) like on the C64. Several different types of the SD2IEC can be used with the plus/4.

However you also talked about fast loading, many software based fast loaders use a custom drive side code. So this is not emulatable by an SD2IEC. A fixed set of fast loaders is supported by the SD2IEC but you are limited to those. I think on plus/4 side only one specific software side fast loader is used and supported by it.

So in short:

- most of the games work with an SD2IEC but some of the newer productions and some demos will not work with an SD2IEC due to their custom drive code.

- If you also wanna use the software not supported by the SD2IEC you still have some more expensive options. I would have to search for em, but on C64 this full drive emulations (mostly 1541) are pretty common already. And on plus/4 there are also like 3 to 5 different options for full drive emulations as sdcard solutions to be found.

- So if you stick to all the classic software maybe an SD2IEC already would do the trick for you. Many of these programs are one filers anyways.

However I do not know much about this topic.. Maybe this post helped a bit..

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024