Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

TLC
on 2021-07-15
12:08:00
 Re: Commodore 16: Black and white screen on Composite, color on the RF

@HiFiofTLT: a Kolléga nem akar NTSC-re konvertálni, hanem a gyári, PAL C16-ján nincs szín video-kimenetről, miközben az antenna-kimenetről van. "Látatlanban", jó eséllyel tényleg a modulátorban lehet valami furcsaság, de nem tudom bizonyítani (...és nem erősködtem a modulátor cseréjén, mert h. azt ki kelljen forrasztani, azt én is kétszer meggondolom, vákuumos kiforrasztóval is).

Függetlenül a konkrét géptől, csak az NTSC-konverzióra visszatérve... A kvarc- és a Kernal cseréjével valóban egyszerűen át lehet állni egyik normáról a másikra. Alapsávon, lehet így PAL-ból NTSC-s gépet csinálni- és viszont. RF-en ellenben a dolog nem működik "szabályosan", mert az európában- és amerikában használt tévésugárzási szabványok is sok ponton különböznek (más csatornaszélesség, más hangvivő, más szűrési jelleggörbe). Konkrétan ezért az európai- és amerikai gépeket más modulátorral szerelik. Szóval RF-en a dolog így nem "szabályos", bár a modulátornak megfelelő tuneres tévével talán még így is működik.

(no topic)

@HiFiofTLT: our friend in fact didn't want to convert his machine to the NTSC standard. The problem he's facing is that his stock PAL standard machine has no colours from AV, whilst it does from RF. Yes, I also suspect something irregular in the RF modulator, but I can't prove that. (I didn't insist on replacing the RF modulator, because, neither I desolder that unit without a good reason, even with having a vacuum desoldering station at hand).

Speaking of the NTSC conversion, yes, one can get away with just replacing the crystal and Kernal ROM, and this works perfectly... at least for baseband video. For RF, this won't work, since, European and American RF modulation standards do differ significatly. European and American machines were equipped with different RF modulators to solve this. RF may still work for local TV sets for a modifief machine (say, NTSC video over European RF), yet, this won't imply standard RF for the respective video.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024