Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Basman
on 2021-06-12
13:24:58
 Knaecketraecker hacking / end of pattern

Hello.
I'm making tunes with this tracker and I found out along the way that you can set loop points for patterns, but there's no way to signal an early end, i. e. a command to step forward in the order-list as if the last line of the pattern had been played. If I remember correctly, this was the "D" command in Protracker.
My problem comes from the fact that I added an intro to my tune and this intro has a length that isn't a multiple of the tune's global pattern length (it's a handful of lines longer than a standard pattern).
So I decided to use 2 patterns. One almost empty, with notes starting at the last lines of the pattern. The other one filled with the remaining notes. The idea was, then, to call the play routine several times (lines_to_skip * frames_per_tick) without calling the subroutine that updates the TED registers. It almost worked, that is, based on the amount of lines I tried to skip, I would either get noise before the music, or a late start of the first note (instrument not playing from the start and next note playing too early).
Any advice?

Posted By

Basman
on 2021-06-12
15:52:56
 Re: Knaecketraecker hacking / end of pattern

Solved by filling the initial void with 0 Hz notes!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024