Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2021-05-09
21:08:40
 Re: Let's Play (2021 #2)

Only 9 players this week? Where are the C= Plus/4 fans? TCFS fans? Platformer fans? Come on guys happy

So, a couple of things that got left out of Chronos' video:

* We always liked this game, way back in 2002, there was a news post about how to make it run on emulators - since at that time, no emulator could run this game happy

* The main character is from the C64 game "Henry's House", a couple of enemy sprites are from "The Great Giana Sisters".

* Currently known issues/bugs: if you die mid-jump, the Jerry will jump once immediately on the next try, even though the jump button is not pressed (this is especially bad on the 4th level). When you bump into a block to get a fruit, it is momentarily colored hires (instead of multi). If you "bump" fruits too quickly, some of them stay in mid-air (since the game can only handle one of these animations at a time).

And finally a short description of the levels, as far as I made it at least - I know a lot of you couldn't even clear the first one :-/ Keep in mind that *all* fruits and magic crystals have to be collected to clear a level. The game has so many messages, it really should have included a message if the player makes it to the end of the level without all fruits (e.g. "You can't leave just yet, you have more fruits to collect!" or something similar).

* Level 1: the tricky one is the blue cherry up high, sitting on crumbling platforms. Just keep jumping constantly, you can get this with a little practice.

* Level 2: the last fruit must be collected by pushing the only moveable boulder (the highest one) on top of the enemy below. (It's easily possible to do this wrong, and the fruit ends up appearing in a place which is impossible to get :-/)

* Level 3: jump over the first hole (only water is down there), then drop into the second one. "Dig" through the dirt on the right to continue, and use the purple rock as an elevator up.

* Level 4: *Immediately* run right a little then jump - otherwise you die. Dig a little, but when you see the key and the fruit, *don't* open the door with the key! Get past the moving boulders (which kill you upon touch), then dig left to find a locked door and another key behind it. You now have to go back for that one fruit in the beginning. Making it back past the boulders is very difficult.

* Level 5: I couldn't complete this one, the moving boulders here form a bridge, but Jerry seems to have fallen off randomly even though I was constantly jumping.

Good luck happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024