Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2021-04-06
13:16:36
 Re: ECTOBACKPACK ~ Phantom

I've never seen anything that would give you the backpack in the game normally.

But I'm now wondering... As Tynesoft joked that Phantom was a bit like Gauntlet (US Gold/Atari Inc) you can bet they knew it was also Ghostbusters (Film 1984). And the fact the game cover artist gave the guys backpacks in the picture - maybe it was there all along but was removed/hacked out before release?

The other machine versions don't show the backpack either and unless a C64 grows a Soft Reset button and you so happen to have a copy to test we may never know if it was an elaborate secret only the devs knew about. It would of been easier to have a secret 'word' you typed as you played the game to make the backpack show. happy

BTW I was looking for a Pause key so I could take the picture from a real TV and I didn't find one but did find that if you hold the P key down the game runs about half the speed. Something left in the game to check the animation maybe?

One last thought... Looking at the image you could almost say the backpack looks like the letter O. If it was a character glitch it wouldn't rotate 90 degree's so you get to see it as you walk up/down the screen. wink

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024