Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SVS
on 2021-04-01
07:40:53
 Re: Full Throttle in YAPE/plus4emu Programmatically?

This is not a new problem, but I am happy to take it back.
Neither YAPE itself nor all emulators are not even a true original Plus4, if we just want to ask the question on a philosophical basis.
On the contrary, I consider positive if the code could (if desired) interact with the emulator. For the price of a flag (compatibility or more functionality), the programmer might have a new universe open to write programs. This solution could really preserve the life of our beloved machine!
Now, if one of us wants to write computationally heavy code or a lot of graphics (look: we talk about a new program) we are in doubt between writing it for Plus4 or for another platform (due to its speed). The ability to use an emulator feature could lead to the Plus4 option.
The question is, do we want to write programs to use them or just to honor the old days? Do we want a creative community or a museum?

I dream of being able to write code capable of asking the emulator for its current speed emulation. This simple functionality would allow the software to adapt to the running speed (clocks, timings, etc.).

Sorry for this long post, but IMO this matter is very important for the future of our community.
Thank you.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024