Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Stinaris
on 2021-02-17
07:34:10
 Exomizer and Novamaker

So I'm having a brain fart.

I've exomized a .prg whose execution starts at $1001. The exomized .prg shrank the code from 13k to 7k which is pretty awesome.

Now I want to use Novamaker on this prg file. it creates the .tap file and loads it but it doesn't decompress when it loads.
The start location for Novamaker is $1001 and it matches the 1st 2 bytes in the PRG.

Any ideas?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2021-02-17
08:01:28
 Re: Exomizer and Novamaker

Might be that we're unclear on some terms. By "start location", do you mean how the program file is started? The exomized file should be started with G100D. (The file is loaded to $1001, like any regular program file.)

Posted By

Stinaris
on 2021-02-17
08:53:11

Thanks Csabo, that worked a treat.

Right so while I'm asking the dumb questions............

How do I merge multiple .prg files into a single .prg file?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2021-02-17
08:43:49

No such thing as dumb questions happy Little typo there, I think you mean "How do I merge MULTIPLE .prg files into a single .prg file?"

Well, there's LOTS of ways to go about this, but - without knowing all the details - the simplest way I think is this: in an emulator; load the first file, load the second file, save a new file. (The same thing is what one would do using a real machine and a disk drive.) Assuming they don't overlap; if they do, you'd want to maybe move one of them with the "T" command in monitor.

You could also hex dump or disassemble the PRG files, which gives you two text files, combine those two in your favourite text editor (or IDE), then compile it into a new PRG.

Hope this helps happy

Posted By

Stinaris
on 2021-02-17
08:52:53

Thanks again. I assumed there would be some sort of CLI based tool to do this?
I'm really surprised there isn't.

Might have to get Visual Studio dusted down.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024