Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2021-01-10
10:34:41
 Re: TED Music Collection

"In the meantime HVTC was born but it lacks a very important (at least for me) feature: a generic container format which can describe the music and allows playing it back with a standard player."

Well, this isn't 100% correct, there were always 2 folders; one with run-able programs (/player) and the other exactly what you're saying (/HVTC). Though that format just never became anything. IMHO no-one used it... So much so that Luca decided we should just get rid of it very recently.

Putting the data into the run-able programs is basically a win-win; it's the best of both worlds. You guys can have your format, I can have ready-to-run PRG files happy

Also, something else I've been thinking about. Knaecke songs that are 2x (and a bunch of mine too) make the two calls at specific places (above and below border). If the generic player just calls them twice per frame, that will make the song sound different... at least a little bit. I guess people will have to listen to it and give their opinions if it's noticeable.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024