Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2000-07-02
 If I'm right..

Your need another Plus4. Ok this sound lame, I know what I want to say but don't know the name of the chip or what it realy does. I tried to find out with no luck The best I can do was to open my own machine and tell you.

I have owned 2 plus4's that did the same thing and just swapping one chip sorted the problem, but you'll need a replacement

Here goes: Open the Plus4 and you will see a long metal shielding with pin holes. Open this and the chip is 8360R2 - 5084. This is the most comman chip to fault !! And the one I replaced.

One of my Plus4's had a black screen when swicthed on and the other had orange messy plus4 screen. The orange was almost use-able but the basic was an utter mess.

Just buy swapping this one chip they both worked fine. I took the chip from a working Plus4 as I wanted to see if I could get it running.

Later a friend's Plus4 went down. And yet again the same chip died. As I could'nt get hold of this chip another plus4 was needed.

try: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Screen/3676/
Claude Nehme may help you with more info...

If anyone can word it better please do.

Thanks,

Posted By

Anonymous
on 2000-07-02
 Untitled

well ,thank you ,when i have time i will try it out...i really wanna see some demos on it again and want to use some FLI painters...

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024