Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2020-11-06
14:27:00
 Re: Plus/4 GUI

Update: I checked it and a nice piece of code! the character level movement of the sprite is not annyoing at all, and you always know what you select.
The sprite is well defined and always visible.

The main code is not BASIC, but 100% ML, as I see. so no surprise it is so fast :-)

RAP4 seems to be a nice SW. I've never seen it, though I never had any sound I wanted to record on +4.
Unfortunately the disc contains no samples or songs, so it is pretty hard to start with.
(would be a good idea to release one with few samples, to able to try it's potentials, without hardware or the prerecoded samples it is not possible)

I can say Mark's SIMLPE GUI is more elegant than my Rosanne copy, and takes less useful space from the screen.
Certainly it is a ready solution with ready standardized ML (probably fast) subroutines.

Definitely it needs more attention/use and like from us happy

Update2:
just for the sake of small improvements I modified 4 more characters to improve the look of this GUI. (I was not 100% happy with the previous one)
Because this fontset includes low and big charsets too, has much less free characters to play with.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024