Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

raze
on 2020-08-06
05:17:20
 Austrospeed Compiler - Formula too complex error (solved)

Hi all, I just wanted to inform you about this bug:

I was keep getting a "Formula too complex" error with a program that I was trying to compile with Austrospeed. After hours of testing, I discovered that the problem was caused by the function dec(), particularly in cases like this:

sysdec("5c00")

The m/l code was executed normally, but as soon as the control returned to the compiled BASIC, it crashed with the above error. Removing the dec() function, it worked perfectly:

sys23552

I'm not sure if the error occurs only when dec() is combined with sys, or even when dec() is used alone, but I replaced all the functions with their equivalent values and now my compiled program works perfectly.

Posted By

MMS
on 2020-08-06
14:01:19
 Re: Austrospeed Compiler - Formula too complex error (solved)

Thank you for this info!
As you may know, the AustroSpeed compiler does not speed up graphical commands (just passing it back to interpreter), an Litwr's compiler does not compile them at all.

I though, it would be grate to clone C64's line drawing routines created with POKEs, and they could be greatly speeded up after compiling. But I was wrong, they did not work for me after compiling them. It had the same error code you listed. I had no patience to try the solution, but now it is clear, that it was due to the fact, I tried to keep the "known" memory addresses in hexa format, so I used the POKEs in Dec("4000") format in the calculation. So it was the problem.

Thank you for the clarification.

Posted By

raze
on 2020-08-06
14:44:32

You are welcome! So now you can try to modify the code and see if it works. happy

Anyway, I hope that someone has the chance to fix the compiler. I compiled many progs with Austro and this is the first time that I had some big trouble with it.

Posted By

SVS
on 2020-08-08
03:05:43

Hi,
I confirm you that Austrospeed has a known bug with the DEC() function.
I made a list of bugs and warning situations happening by using the compiler. I can upload it or publish in the program description page (Luca/Csabo let me know how to).

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024