Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

GeTE
on 2020-07-06
04:27:23
 The Commodore C16 with a flat keyboard found in an old flyer: Prototype for a different C64C-keyboar

I recently found an old Commodore advertisement where a C16-prototype with a flat keyboard ist used: [Spam detected!]*

I can't believe nobody other than me ever recognised that ... well, but what du you think about this keyboard? And did you agree with me that new keycaps for the C64, VC20 and C16 should - if ever produced - have this shape?

*FUCK, well I realise now how I really HATE this forum: Man, "Spam detected" when I try to put in a link to the german Forum64, ehere the keyboard is beeing discussed. Who ever put THAT on the blacklist?

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2020-07-06
07:26:29
 Re: The Commodore C16 with a flat keyboard found in an old flyer: Prototype for a different C64C-key

Who ever put THAT on the blacklist?
What makes you think that it is site specific? Have you realized that you managed to post without registering and logging in? Do you know how that can be abused?

how I really HATE this forum
Should we feel offended? Should we ask what you are doing here then?

Posted By

GeTE
on 2020-07-06
10:40:49
 Re: The Commodore C16 with a flat keyboard found in an old flyer: Prototype for a different C64C-key

Sometimes I forget that this forum here should be for me more to extract information but posting ideas better elsewhere. It would be nice to discuss this strange keyboard, nobody seemed to have noticed on the old advertisement yet.
Or how to build the userport-mouse for the plus/4 in real, I am slowly working on.
Or maybe posting some replacement labels I am working on ... but with no chance to set links or upload pictures? That makes no sense. I was hoping that close partner sites are whitelisted to have a workaround. Well, obviously not.

When there came a perfect case up to fit in the ultimate-64-board, I can alternativly - if not allowed to set any links - suggest to self-google the designer's name - Pablo Roldán - and then start a discussion (even about the charcoal-C16-gray version he rendered).
But for this flat-keyboard-prototype, that I think is worth discussing, there is no typically name behind or keyword to use to find it. I was even surprised when I discovered the picture/foto.

Well and log in here? Impossible. On the right top of this page there is a "Login"-button I can click on. Afterwards I have to type in a username and password. No chance to create a new account (or even ask for). Reminds me on the invite system when the first one-plus-smartphones came out. I never tried to have one of them. I like to participate but I strongly dislike if someone has to vouches for me to let me in. A hobby like this means to come together because of the same interests and not because of a relationship.

Posted By

KiCHY
on 2020-07-06
12:36:02

Please follow the link you can find on top of the Forum page, in this sentence:
"No registration necessary, anyone can post!" Here you can read all the todos to register.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2020-07-06
16:37:19

Here's the link that triggered the spam filter:

https://www.forum64.de/index.php?thread/103950-plante-commodore-eine-flache-moderne-tastatur-f%C3%BCr-den-c64c-fundst%C3%BCck-und-indiz-a/&postID=1539957#post1539957

You can post the links without the "https://" part and the spam filter will ignore it.

Posted By

MMS
on 2020-07-07
15:34:35

So, as far as I see, it is a C16 with C128 stye buttons.
I was not aware of that compatibility.
On the other hand the same style keys would look better in a C64/II black case, matching to the moe futuristic keys the housing too.

Update: OK,maybe I was wrong, maybe these are Plus/5 buttons...If they fit.

I meant something like this: this black flat acrylic housing with flat sqare buttons would look more modern(ish):

Posted By

GeTE
on 2020-07-10
05:00:57

The question ist, where does the function-keys came from? Does the SX-64-keyboard-keycaps fit in and were they propably used with new prints for that picture?

Well, with this picture these keycaps are quite canon and therefore it would be great - if anyone again tries to create new molds for keycaps - to rebuild exactly these. It even could be more easy to construct them instead of the original old breadbin-keycaps ... and they would look great in any kind of C64C (with old or new produced housings) and even in acryl-housings too.

But there ist one question left: Does really no one before found this strange keyboard in the advertisement? I can't believe that (but found no mentioning anywhere in the net).

Posted By

SVS
on 2020-07-10
09:18:10

IMHO the question is: does it work?
I mean, without the ESC key and other specific C16/+4 keys, what is the true use of this version?
Surely it is elegant and fine but good just for collection, or museum but not a real use.

Posted By

Chronos
on 2020-07-10
15:21:17

Ooops, another pointless topic out there!

Posted By

MMS
on 2020-07-10
17:45:56

OK maybe I made the confusion.

So here is the original mentioned flat keyboard C16. It has all the keys.

Agree, the Function keys are strange, and have unknown origin.

What I mean, that without a fitting "flat" housing these buttons are pointless, like the black C64 in acrylic housing with the tall rounded buttons...

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024