Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

carlk​insman
on 2020-06-05
15:35:36
 Knowledge of an Editor?

Does anyone have any knowledge of editors? I noticed there is a Rockman Editor on this page below. Does that mean it is possible to change things in the game.... for example being invincible etc?

Rockman Editor

Posted By

Csabo
on 2020-06-05
17:51:30
 Re: Knowledge of an Editor?

Hey there, welcome to Plus/4 World and thanks for posting!

Most of the regulars here (myself included) are pretty knowledgeable about these pieces of software. Rockman Editor is specifically a level editor. You can edit the existing levels, but that's it. What you're looking for can be found under "Cheats", here. (We don't have an invincibility cheat at the moment, but might take the time to find it and add it.)

Hope this helps!

Posted By

carlk​insman
on 2020-06-06
05:47:05

That would be amazing. Thank you.

I use Retro Arch for Roms. At what point do I type those cheats in? Not sure when and where?

Posted By

SVS
on 2020-06-06
07:11:56

If you run the game by an emulator, you have to set the cheat codes after loaded in memory, just before to run it.
In the case of Yape, you can hit ALT-M in any time, do the modifications, then exit to the game execution.

Posted By

carlk​insman
on 2020-06-06
08:05:41

I need to figure out in retroarch, once load the game.... how do I get the correct screen to type in poke. Or do I have to create a cheat file using the poke.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2020-06-06
08:57:52

In my previous post, if you click the link to the cheats, there's a "How do I use cheats?" link there. That will take you to a page with very detailed instructions on how/why/what you would do. (It uses YAPE - a popular emulator - as the example, but the same principles apply.)

Give that a shot and then let us know how it goes!

Posted By

carlk​insman
on 2020-06-06
10:24:19

Ah wow sorry I didnt realise the link you sent is a different page to what I last visited. Thought it was the list of cheats!!! Thanks!

Posted By

carlk​insman
on 2020-06-06
13:10:17

OK I will figure this out. In Vice when I click on the monitor window I do not see the same window as the Yape example, I get a window with only these words in top left corner

(C:$d90a)

Then if I type in the cheat code it says syntax error. I have tried code with and without spaces etc. The code for RockMan I tried was POKE 8841,1 for number of Diamonds. I also typed that code in the cheats part of RetroArch and it doesn't work. Maybe to save all hassle I need to go to Yape? !!!!!!!!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2020-06-06
17:46:59

Fair question! Thank you for sticking with it so far.

This one's on us (again), that page does not fully explain all the details. We just take a lot of background knowledge for granted happy

Anyway, here's the thing: the cheats can be entered in BASIC (with a POKE statement), or in Monitor (with the "greater than" sign). If you take a look at the Rockman page again, you'll see that the cheats section has been updated (yay!). Now there are two columns, one for BASIC and one for Monitor. (They are equivalent, you can use either.) In VICE, you land in the Monitor window, so you will want to use the second column.

Hopefully now you can get it to work!

Posted By

carlk​insman
on 2020-06-06
18:11:02

Well you learn something everyday!!! Thanks. Now I have just learned what is Decimal (Basic) and Hexadecimal (Monitor). OK I will try again!!!!!

Posted By

carlk​insman
on 2020-06-06
18:22:03

And yes!!! it works! Wow Plus 4 World rocks! And thanks Csabo

Posted By

carlk​insman
on 2020-06-06
19:15:43

I'm not sure if RetroArch supports those though. I use RetroArch on my Amazon FireBox sometimes! I tried both a Decimal and HexaDecimal code in the Cheat section. I couldnt find any info on Cheat support for RetroArch. Maybe someone might know?

Posted By

MMS
on 2020-06-07
05:26:50

Partially OFF
Actually the conversion between the decimal and hexadecimal is not automatic in my head, fortunately the Windows calculator has a "programmer" mode, doing this conversion within a second grin
So if you have only the BASIC POKE, with this you can get the monitor equivalent value

Posted By

carlk​insman
on 2020-06-08
20:03:06

OK so I got it working also in retroarch. I Just did a soft reset after loading game.... then typed the word MONITOR. It then let me type in the cheat codes and ..... it restarted back into the game with new Cheats!!!!!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024