Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Stinaris
on 2020-06-03
11:40:29
 Gridiron 1.2 Released

.TAP only - For full retro lovely-ness. (You guys will convert it to .PRG anyway)
Loading screen
Updated Title Page music (It's still not great, I'm still learning)
Converted to Joystick port 1 (because it's not for the C64!) and it doesn't match Atic Atac.

https://stinaris.itch.io/gridiron

That is all for now.

Posted By

Mad
on 2020-06-04
02:02:19
 Re: Gridiron 1.2 Released

Stunning game! happy The sample is always a good portion of "how did that all fit" for "12k".. happy

Posted By

Stinaris
on 2020-06-11
04:53:01

Hi Mad,

Looking through the code to do these updates I realized how little optimization there is.
I was thinking making Gridiron2 in the future with some enhancements along the lines of Geometry Wars like black holes, homing missiles, etc.
Also adding Novaload to the level designer. They take ages to save and load on tape.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2020-06-11
08:54:25

Cool stuff, keep it up!

If I may make one suggestion, please look into using Exomizer. It's super simple to use, and I would say it's the de-facto standard on our platform; a release that is not compressed is unusual. The smaller file size will cut down on the loading time as well in all cases (loading from disk, or loading from tape, both with/without turbo).

Posted By

Stinaris
on 2020-06-11
12:16:04

Csabo, I certainly will especially now I've discovered Novamaker. What a gem that is too!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024