Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Stinaris
on 2020-04-16
09:50:37
 Re: Atic Atac is released

Thanks for the feedback. It looks like almost every issue was to do with uninitialized variables when I started using the space below $1001. :-/

@Luca
I will add a little extra control on the firing/inventory. I'd imagined it a bit like Paradroid on one button, but I was concerned about the delay especially with the speed of the ghosts. I only just completed with the ghost speed even with maps so I could probably do with slowing there materialization a bit, to give you a bit of time for inventory management.

You will notice grey doors around. These are opened depending which character you are.

I will update the button press after the game over.

@Csabo
The fire button combo operation, I wanted like Paradroid. It hasn't quite worked out.....yet. happy

I wasn't sure about the flashing ghosts when I first did it, but after few plays I got to quite like it. Some of them are also black. I thought it added an extra dimension of difficulty (although not sure Atic Atac needs that)

Called once subroutines. I did start rolling a couple of them in. But I wanted to get some stability after my botched optimizations. Now it's stable I can now go through optimization again and go through your suggestions.

Weather is rubbish here Friday and Saturday so hopefully I'll have an update at the end of the weekend.

Thanks again.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024