Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2020-04-06
17:46:22
 Re: C64portal.pl has started - and it's not only c64 :)

Back to the original post: I watched the video, it was great (English subtitle was really helpful for me :-) )

It was a well balanced overview on the games.

Seeing them all together easy to see the step-by-step technical innovations done by the team.

The last games from the BKN team are 8 bit consol quality, and noone expected that from a stock machine that was "mocked" by the press badly "Is it a joke?"
All of these games are a gem, but the later ones are more polished. :-)

Maybe one point was missed when MOS and Lands of Zador "MOS2" compared: I feel the graphics became more colorful and enjoyable in the later one, I see big efforts made here.
While in MOS the main sprite and the background colors sometimes matches (due to shared, and limited number of colors on a screen), at least on the first stage, in Zador the sprite is always outstanding from the background, and it provides a more "console" immersion. It requires a lot of attention and planning on the details by the team. Certainly the fluid scrolling is a great extra, and the more complex gameplay too (adventure tasks).

Pet's Rescue is really on a different level, I really have no idea how even that soft sprite was put on the screen without color collision as it alone has 3 colors.
Hat off to all the developers, everything it top notch!

Thank you for the review, it was a great time watching it.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024