Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2020-04-05
03:25:33
 Re: Atic Atac

Stinaris wrote: If I wrote Atic Atac in 64K, the expectation would be the C64 version... So for my own self respect, I'm leaving the Plussy to the experts.

All respect to you (bows) for squeezing the whole game into 16k, but that somehow resembles to bollocks to me. Anyone expecting the level of quality and detail of a seriously polished C64 game just because large amounts of RAM needed to run a programme is an idiot, period. So, if you have the inclination to convert or write games for the 264 series machines, please do so. And if your project needs more than 16k then do it in more RAM. Unless you specifically target the low memory requirement, please respect your own desire to create and don't repress it out of some imaginary lack of necessary expertise.

But seeing that the game was compressed into this small memory footprint the question comes naturally if it would be possible to make a 16k cartridge game out of this for the C64? If it could be done, you should enter it into the next RGCD C64 16k Cartridge Game Dev Compo.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024