Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

indi
on 2000-06-23
 PS2 Emulation...

Just thought I'd "drop" this in....
I've finally started playing with our PS2 devkits, and I ported my "quicky" spectrum" emulator over to it in about 3 hours... (mostly bugs in the system, not the emulator..) and for very slow portable code it flys!!!

I'll be porting minus4w over to it soon too..
Having an emulator on a TV makes a huge differance! it scrolls smoothly... runs at the right speed! and has a joypad!

It even has a USB port... keyboards?

In fact, I'd go as far as if anyone ever ports "MAME" to it... they'll be on to a winner <g>

Mike

Posted By

Muddy
on 2000-07-22
 Rehash

FIFA,TIGER WOODS,F1,NASCAR,MADDEN,NBA LIVE,NHL,KNOCKOUT KINGS,SUPERBIKES,FA MANAGER!! WHAT COMPANY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THESE REHASHES YEAR AFTER YEAR?? I WONDER IT'S A MIRACLE WHAT A SIMPLE BIT OF SLIGHT RECODING CAN DO FOR SALES!!!

Posted By

indi
on 2000-06-25
 PS2 spec..

You know... I really am fed up with people slagging the PS2 just because of the current run of games... Sonic Adventure wasn't exactly the worlds greatest title either, and I guess all of you decided to totaly ignore "Godzilla" which a spectrum could have run.

The first generatin PS2 games are just that, first generation, Dream cast is on to about the 3rd by now, and while I must admit to liking the dreamcast, I think the PS2 will wipe the floor with it once newer games start appearing.

Sony have made a fab machine, and it's MUCH quicker than dreamcast, and I suspect it'll even hold up to X-BOX...

Still, the main reason for posting my "emulation" thing was to show just how quick it is to port to, and how nice it would be to have an emulator running at 50Hz on a TV... A CD with ALL the plus/4 or C64 games or whatever will be cool, and it will come

The Hardware is easy, the sound should be as well,
and its very quick... Just think if someone does a DVD with every emulator, and avery game...
be well cool!! MESS would be a nice project to port <g>

So lets not bitch about Dreamcast ver's PS2 like we used to do Saturn ver's PSX... coz thats dull.. Who cares who wins, as long as theres great software...

Posted By

Max Maslen
on 2000-06-24
 I agree

It's really getting boring seeing Ridge Racer 5, Tomb Raider 6 etc. They should try doing something new or unique like Nintendo and Sega do. They couldn't even think up a good name or make a new control pad. I think it's been totally rushed.

Posted By

Muddy
on 2000-06-24
 PS2

It's a pity that the machine is the most over rated/hyped piece of crap ever invented!!! Tekken Tag doesn't look much better than PS1, DC Soul Calibur blows it out of the water.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024