Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Fireant
on 2003-04-12
 How do I print saved game snapshots?

Hi, Is there a way to print snapshots? I hope so. Also the +4 games don't seem to be online will thay be back on soon? keep up the good work!

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-04-12
 Printing snapshots in Windows

Instead of using the emulator's snapshot function, I press ALT-PRINTSCREEN. This copies the current window to the Windows Clipboard.

From there it can be pasted into Windows Paint, then saved, printed, modified, baked, dipped in mustard, whatever you wish. Paint will default to BMP format which takes a lot of space on the hard drive, so if you want to save the pics, you might want to convert them to JPG or GIF or PNG.

Posted By

Fireant
on 2003-04-12
 Printing snapshots in Windows

Thanks for the helphappy only what is windows clipboard and where is it on my computer? do the screenshots go strate there after pressing alt + prtsc ? can this method be used on other emulators like winuae and steem?

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-04-12

For future reference you may want to call it a Screen Grab wink

A clipboard just means that eg.(Screen Grab) is held in memory until you are ready to use it. The clipboard can be loaded into any paint package that supports this feature. Also some paint tools create a clipboard as your working and may ask if you want to keep the clipboard when you quit the program so you can continue working on your project with something else.

Yes alot of games have had their download links removed.... This was'nt my doing, but if your quick you are welcome to grab some games in TAP format by hitting the "Tapes" link above.

Posted By

Fireant
on 2003-04-12
 Still no joy with screen grab:(

Lando.. I'm not so quick using the computer as yourselve so I need some step by step stuff. Once I press alt and prtsc together the screen image should be saved, but to where? I tried to make a clipboard but to no avil. Please can u help, I'm beat
thanks Fireant

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-04-13

The clipboard is held in memory (a virtual clipboard) so once you turn your PC off you will lose it. Its the same as COPY and PASTE where you would copy some text from the web using COPY and then PASTE them say onto this forum page. The text you copyed is only held in memory. One you make that grab it copys it to the virtual clipboard for you. To retrieve this image/grab from the virtual clipboard you will need to use a paint package. I'll say that again later...

Ok as a test we will do a screen grab of this browser window which is active because you are using it (active window). Press the key:

"Alt" and hold, followed by "Print Scrn SYsRq" once.

This will save this active window as a Garb on the virtual clipboard, to retrieve this image/grab from the virtual clipboard you will need to use a paint package. Open PAINT which is on the Start Menu under Accessories.

Once open press the keys:

"Crtl"and hold, followed by "V" once. Your grab will now paste into PAINT.

If you wish to take a full screen grab of your desk top which will grab everything in view then just press the "Print Scrn SYsRq" key on its own once and then as above to paste your grab.

Some emulators you can save screen grabs with anyway like YAPE. Older ones that run under DOS you may not beable too. Some programmes like DVD movies and GAMES use a different display field (not sure of the name) and can not be grabbed.

Posted By

Fireant
on 2003-04-13
 Thanks Lando!

Thanks Lando happy easy when u know how

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-04-14
 no worrys

It took me a while to work when I first wanted to do some grabs on the PC. I was too used to my Amiga having screen grab tools to use insted which made it easyer wink

On PC Paint Shop Pro has good screen grab support. It will even allow you to zoom in and grab the smallest amount of pixels from your desktop.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024