Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-04-09
 Re: New Games

Hi Dunric,

The new stuff sounds cool. I take it Merlin's Quest is the same as we already have? What about Westfront to Apse? Is it any different than Westfront 64 and Westfront to Apse II?

About Merlin's Quest: There is something that I found 'not so nice'. In the first room the description is This old tavern has several tables and a booth. So the player types EXAMINE TABLE to which the game says You don't see a table. That's confusing. Then the player goes up to the room. A bed lies near the back wall. All right, let's see what's in it: EXAMINE BED - You don't see a bed.. The reply "You don't see anything special" would have been much more appropriate when the game doesn't have a description of something. Of course the game could try to handle all scenery objects, and just say "You don't see a XYZ" to the rest, but the player can also type "examine wall" - "You don't see a wall"...

Otherwise it's cool that you are developing for the Plus/4 happy If you could send me a copy of the disks with the new games, I'd appreciate it. I can also make them into a .D64 so everyone can enjoy them.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024