Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

bails​ofdoom
on 2003-04-09
 Assistance required after recent purchase of a C16

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Three people have now put forward this same view that the TED chip is fried, which is odd considering that it is just the sound chip is it not? I've had SIDS go on me before, but still have been able to get some kind of output on c64s.
There's obviously different mechanics at work of course!

It is a shame, but I haven't any software by which to test it at this stage anyway.
I think I will keep it just in case I find another in my travels...it is an artifact of Commodore history after all!

The C16 came with a Commodore Monitor which sadly is also faulty, despite being compatible with my c64. It can be on for about 10-15 minutes before the colour drains out from the screen, starting from the top, then finally disappearing completely in the centre. I very much doubt there'd be ways of fixing this, or am I being too pessimistic here?

I only paid $15 australian for the box everything came in which is nothing really. It was a case of being in the right place at the right time. I'm disappointed, but I'm sure other artifacts will pop up!

Just a final query:
The C16 never actually came with any peripherals other than the monitor itself. I've been using a regular 240v C64 black cased power supply - would this make any difference?
I'm doubting it, but thought I'd best be sure! wink

Cheers,
Rob

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024